Warning: Illegal string offset 'width' in /homepages/42/d467819759/htdocs/app467921871/wp-content/plugins/ajax-contact-me/contact-me.php on line 250
Warning: Illegal string offset 'title' in /homepages/42/d467819759/htdocs/app467921871/wp-content/plugins/ajax-contact-me/contact-me.php on line 252
Listed below is a SAMPLE of my previous engagements and offerings.
- Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators National Summer Conference, LA
- Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators National Winter Conference, NYC
- Heartland Writers for Kids and Teens
- SCBWI Regional Conferences in Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, and the Carolinas
- Chicks Who Click
- MO Representative Sam Graves Small Business Expo
- Social Media 101 – Brand yourself
- Google+ and Tumblr – Meet the New Kids on the Block
- The Subtle Art of Self-promotion
- The Fine Art of Agent and Editor Stalking
- Sensory Success
1 – 2 hours
- Sweet Tweets – It’s Time you Got It! (A hands-on walk through of twitter, tweetdeck, hootsuite, etc.)
- Friend your Facebook – the Making of a Fan Page (hands-on)
- Getting the Most out of your Website and Social Media
- Scrivener – Basics to Advanced (hands-on)
Critiques and Editing:
I have a degree in Film and Broadcasting with an emphasis in Screenwriting from Boston University’s College of Communication. I am a member of SCBWI (Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators), Heartland Writers for Kids and Teens, The Writer’s Place, and Mainely Writers. I have taught Creative Writing on the Elementary level and have judged writing competitions over the past 5 years.
I prefer to do Whole Story Editing for a manuscript (although line edits do sneak in) and critique and analyze Plot, Character Development, Story Arc, etc. I will do Line Editing on smaller pieces such as picture books and magazine articles.
Fees: Please contact me to discuss fees and my availability. I can give an estimate of project cost based on the first few chapters of the manuscript.