Warning: Illegal string offset 'width' in /homepages/42/d467819759/htdocs/app467921871/wp-content/plugins/ajax-contact-me/contact-me.php on line 250
Warning: Illegal string offset 'title' in /homepages/42/d467819759/htdocs/app467921871/wp-content/plugins/ajax-contact-me/contact-me.php on line 252
Ho Hum – the normal stuff:
- I grew up in Rhode Island as a member of one of those families you only read about in fiction – which is why I write fiction.
- I wrote my first story when I was in 2nd grade. It was from the point of view of a bat on Halloween night.
- I’ve always wanted to be a writer. I’ve always wanted to be a dolphin too.
- In 1991 I married a wonderful man (Kevin) who doesn’t seem to mind that I like to make things up. Over the years our family has grown to include three sons – Cameron, Harris, and Kellen.
Some Other Stuff:
- Places I’ve lived: Rhode Island, Boston, Glacier National Park, San Francisco, Washington D.C., and Kansas City.
- Jobs I’ve had: Babysitter, Ice cream scooper, Movie house ticket taker, Administrative assistant, Waitress, Photographer, Graphic Artist, Editor, Art teacher, Writing teacher, Social media consultant, Author, Speaker.
You May Not Know it, but I’ve:
- Made it to the Top 40 in the Lego Master Builder competition.
- Won Blue Ribbons for pie baking.
- Roamed Australia as the Still Photographer for Continuum (a documentary film about the World Solar Car Challenge).
- Hiked part of the Appalachian Trail.
- Climbed across the Continental Divide.
- Camped in the Australian Outback.
- Parachuted off a mountain.
- Swum in glacier-fed lakes (brrrr).
- Splashed about in 3 different oceans – Atlantic, Pacific, Indian.
- Dipped my toes in all of the Great Lakes.
- Visited 46 of the 50 United States (don’t worry Alaska, North Dakota, Alabama and Mississippi. I’ll get there.)
- Roamed the Scottish Highlands.
- Hunted for the ‘monster’ of Loch Ness.
- Walked the battlefields of Culloden and Gettysburg.
- Steamed down the Mississippi on a paddle boat.
- Rafted an underground river to see the famous glow worms of New Zealand.
- Kayaked with Gray Whales off the coast of California.
- Boated with Fin Whales off the coast of Massachusetts.
- Ferried with Sperm Whales off the coast of New Zealand.
- Swum with dolphins off the coast of Bermuda.